Kentucky KMP Application Information
How to Apply for KMP
Enter your zip code to get started.
The Kentucky Medical Program is a health program that is sponsored by both the State of Kentucky, and the federal government. This program aims to assist families with dependent children, people over the age of 65, blind and disabled people, pregnant women, children, among others, with their health cover. The Kentucky Medical program covers a range of healthcare related services, some of which include:
- Early Periodic Screening Diagnosis and Treatment Services (EPSDT)
- Hospice and Hearing services
- Dental and eye care services
- Advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP)
- Lab and x-ray services
- Ambulatory surgical centers and many more
More details on the range and array of services offered by Kentucky Medical Program can be found at this link: http://chfs.ky.gov/dms/services.htm#programs
In order to qualify for the Kentucky Medical Program you need to meet a few eligibility requirements such as being a US citizen or a legal alien, having met the income limit set by the State, and been a resident of Kentucky.
In order to qualify for the Kentucky Medical Program, one needs to fall in the following groups of people:
- Families and Children - this consists of children, pregnant women, and relatives that are caretakers.
- Aged, Blind, or Disabled - this consists of individuals with disabilities and those who are over 65 years.
- Must meet the stipulated income level.
The basic eligibility requirements are:
- You must be a resident of the state of Kentucky
- You must be a US National, citizen or permanent resident in need of health insurance
- Should be characterized by the state as one with low income
- If you have very low income, you must also be pregnant, have child (ren) with disability, or taking care of children less than 19 years of age.
KMP Application Instructions
There are several ways one can apply for the Kentucky Medical Program and they include: applying online, applying in person, and applying via mail.
Individuals that want to apply for the Kentucky Medical program can do so online by clicking on this link:
By visiting the above link and follow the instructions, after the prescreening process, one will be able to select and apply for the Kentucky Medical Program and submit it to their local Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) office.
For more information please visit this page: www.chfs.ky.gov/dms/mcolinks
Apply in Person
This can be done by personally visiting your local DCBS office. When going to these offices, it is advisable to carry with you:
- Your social security number
- Birth certificate or proof of citizenship
- Doctor statement verifying pregnancy
- Driver's license (proof of identity)
- Proof of income you earn
- Proof of resources i.e. three month's bank statement (for non-pregnant parents)
Bringing the above documents with you as you go to the DCBS office will help your application process.
Apply by Mail
Another method one can use to apply for the Kentucky Medicaid program is by using mail. This can be done by sending the filled out form to the following address:
The Medicaid Office of Kentucky
275 E Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40621
Individuals can also call (502) 564-3232 and get more information on the application process from highly qualified members of staff.