Unemployment Application Instructions
Applying for UI benefits in Kansas is easy. You can file your claim online or by phone. Follow the steps below to file your claim using online system.
- Prepare to file for UI claim by going through checklist found in this document. You will require a PDF viewer to view this document. You can download necessary software to view PDF file from Adobe website.
- Complete application for UI claim by visiting Get Kansas Benefits website. Read instructions and proceed to the application.
- Once you have completed your application for UI benefits, click 'Submit Claim' and wait for the next page to display. Print this page and keep it safe for your record. If you close your application or browser before seeing this page, your claim will not be processed.
You can file your claim online at any time. This system is available 24/7, even on holidays.
Getting Help with UI Benefits Application
If you have queries about unemployment benefits or the application process, you should read Frequently Asked Questions as your query may already have an answer there.
In case you don't find answer to your queries in FAQ, you can contact Unemployment Contact Center by dialing one of the following numbers.
- Topeka: (785) 575-1640
- Kansas City: (913) 596-3500
- Wichita: (316) 383-9947
- Toll-free: (800) 292-6333
- TTY for hearing or speech disabled: (800) 766-3777
- Fax: 785-296-3249
Manage Your UI Benefits Online
Learn More about Unemployment Benefits in Kansas
You can learn more about Unemployment Insurance benefits by visiting GetKansasBenefit website. You can also drop an email to KDOL.Communications@ks.gov. To read more about UI benefits visit this page.