WAP Application Instructions

To apply for Idaho WAP, you can:

  • Contact your local Community Action Partnership (CAP) agency. You can locate an office near you using Idaho CAP website.

  • You can call Idaho Care-Line at 2-1-1 to know about the CAP agency accepting WAP applications near you.

When applying for Idaho WAP, you will need to provide names, birthdates, and Social Security numbers for all the members of the household. Additionally, you will need to provide copy of recent utility bill and proof of income. You will need to prove income for previous 3 months. You can use check stubs, SSI award letter, and other income-related documents to prove your income.

Eligibility Requirements

In order to receive weatherization services through Idaho WAP, you will have to meet the following criteria.

  • You must be a U.S citizen or a qualified alien

  • You must be a resident of state of Idaho

  • Your household income should not exceed income limits set for Idaho WAP or meet requirements for automatic eligibility

Automatic Eligibility

Automatic eligibility is for households with at least one member receiving benefits through Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Aid to Families with Dependent Children.

Income Eligibility

In order to qualify for Idaho WAP, your household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line (FPL).

Household size Annual gross income limit

  1. $22,340

  2. $30,260

  3. $38,180

  4. $46,100

  5. $54,020

  6. $61,940

  7. $69,860

  8. $77,780

If more than eight people live in the household, add $7,920 to annual gross income limit for each additional person.

To find the latest on income eligibility, refer to Idaho Community Action Partnership (CAP) website.