LIHEAP Application Instructions

In order to apply for Delaware Energy Assistance Program (DAEP), you will have to contact your local Catholic Charity. You can call your local charity at the following numbers

  • Call at 674-1782 if you live in Kent County

  • Call at 654-9295 if you live in New Castle County

  • Call at 856-6310 if you live in Sussex County

For more information on application process or LIHEAP, contact your local office of Division of State Service Centers. You can find contact information for your local offices at this link.

Eligibility Requirements

If you are looking to receive assistance with energy bills through DEAP, you will have to meet the following eligibility guidelines:

  • You must be a U.S citizen or a qualified alien

  • You must be a resident of Delaware

  • You must need assistance to pay your energy bills

  • You must have income below 200% of Federal Poverty Level (FPL)

Income Eligibility

In order to become a DEAP qualified household, your household income must be under 200% of FPL. Here is income limit chart for 200% FPL according to family unit size.

Family Unit Size Gross Annual Income

Household Size Maximum Gross Monthly Income 200% FPL Gross Monthly Income Limit 130% FPL Net Monthly Income Limit 100% FPL Maximum Monthly Benefit Amount
1 $2,266 $1,473 $1,133 $281
2 $3,052 $1,984 $1,526 $516
3 $3,840 $2,495 $1,920 $740
4 $4,626 $3,007 $2,313 $939
5 $5,412 $3,518 $2,706 $1,116
6 $6,200 $4,029 $3,100 $1,339
7 $6,986 $4,541 $3,493 $1,480
8 $7,772 $5,052 $3,886 $1,691
For each additional person add $788 $512 $394 $211

You can also find monthly income limit chart on this page.

People receiving certain other benefits may automatically qualify the income eligibility. Such programs may include

  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)

  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) support

  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, also known as food stamps