Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System Application Instructions
There are three ways to apply for AHCCCS Medical Assistance including KidsCare II:
- Apply online by going to www.healthearizonaplus.gov and fill out all the needed information. Some details must be faxed to complete your application. You will find the fax cover sheets on the Providing Documents tab of the Health Arizona website.
- Search for the appropriate application by clicking and using the form to search for the document . Then, submit it through fax or by going personally to the nearest Family Assistance Administration (FAA) office. You may use only one application form to apply for everyone in your family.
- Apply personally at a local FAA office, at the Department of Economic Security (DES) office, at the hospital, or at certain clinics.
The following are some of the items you may need when applying or reapplying for AHCCCS Medical Assistance for you and your household (this does not apply to every applicant):
- Proof of identity and citizenship for each one in your household who is applying for the programs under AHCCCS.
- If there are non-U.S. citizens in your family, include Alien Registration Cards.
- Social Security numbers (if none, verification that a Social Security number has already been applied for).
- Birth certificates.
- Name and contact information of neighbor or landlord.
- Registration for all motor vehicles.
- Verification of all income your family has received from any source for the past two months.
- Complete bank statement for the past months.
- Proof of life insurance, retirement plans, securities, and savings bonds.
- Proof of mortgage or rent, as well as utility bills for the past months.
- Proof of pregnancy.
- Verification of all medical costs for the most recent months./li>
- Verification of childcare costs.
- Proof of any medical insurance aside from AHCCCS.
After you have applied, you may check your application status online by using the AHCCCS Online Provider Portal. If you are unable to resolve a claims issue using the portal, please contact AHCCCS Claims Customer Service at 602-417-7670, option 4, between 7:30 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday.
You don't have to pay anything when you're applying for AHCCCS medical assistance; however, once you're enrolled, you may be required to make a co-payment, depending on the program. Certain co-payments are even compulsory.
The Health Insurance offered by the AHCCCS for eligible children does not have monthly premiums for those who qualify. If the income of a child exceeds the limit and is too high for the AHCCCS insurance, the child may still be eligible for KidsCare II at a low premium per month.