Denali Kidcare Application Instructions
To apply for Denali Kidcare for yourself and/or your children and teens, download the application by clicking here.
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print the form. Adobe Reader can be downloaded here.
If you can not download and print the form, you may request for one to be mailed to through the following email address: Denali.Kid.Care@alaska.gov. You may also ask questions about any part the application process using the same address or call 1-888-318-8890 (toll-free outside Anchorage) or 269-6529 (in Anchorage).
Once you fill in the form, sign and mail it to the Denali Kidcare Office along with documents for the following:
- Income verification
- New citizenship (if applicable)
- Proof of pregnancy
The mailing address for the office is:
PO Box 240047
Anchorage, AK 99524-0047
In a nutshell, the best way to determine if a person or their children and teens are eligible for Denali Kidcare is to try and apply for the program.
Nonetheless, one is generally eligible if the meet the following:
- They are a child or youth aged 18 and below
- You are a pregnant mother and can show evidence of pregnancy from your doctor
- If they are Alaskan residents
- If their family income meets the found by clicking here
Children, teens and women who are already covered by Indian Health Service are still eligible as long as they meet income guidelines. The same applies to those already covered by Tribal Health.
They are also eligible even if they have any other health insurance if the family's income is particularly low.
INCOME GUIDELINES FOR DENALI KIDCARE
The income guides that help determine general eligibility for Denali Kidcare can be downloaded by found by clicking here.
Applicants are nonetheless advised to note that these are general guidelines and conformity does not guarantee success in applying for Denali Kidcare.
They should also note the following about the guidelines:
- Income figures are calculated before tax.
- The income of the parent, whether biological or adoptive, is used to determine eligibility.
- Permanent Fund dividends are not considered part of income.
- If there are employment-related expenses deducted per month they may apply.
- If there are dependent care expenses deducted every month they may apply.
- Payments made towards Child support may be considered as deductions.
- The application must be submitted along with income records and proof of deductions.
- Anyone may apply on their own behalf or on behalf of a child or teen.
- If children have other health insurance it does not make them ineligible.
- Service benefits may be considered.