SCHIP Application Instructions
In order to receive benefits from Partners for Healthy Children program, you must apply for it. You will have to fill an application and send it to Department of Health and Human Services.
Get Application Online: You can get application from THIS link. When you go to the link, answer some questions related to the medical coverage and then click 'Get Selected Documents'.
Get Application from a DHHS Office: You can also get application from the following offices:
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Country Health Departments
- Rural Health Centers (only federally qualified offices)
- Department of Social Services
You can fill the application in the office and submit it there or fill it at home and send it to the office by mail. You can use this site to locate your local DHHS County Office
Get an Application by Mail: You can ask for application to be sent to your address through mail. You will have to call (888) 549-0820 to ask for application through mail.
Benefits: Partners for Healthy Children program provides various health care related benefits to children living in low-income families. These benefits include:
- Doctor's visits
- Dental care
- Vision services
- Prescription drugs
- Hospital inpatient care
- Hospital outpatient care
- Emergency medical care
Please see the following list to determine your eligibility for South Carolina Partners for Healthy Children (PHC):
- Child must be U.S resident or a qualified alien
- Income of the household should be equal or less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Child must be a resident of state of South Carolina
- Household must have resources at or below $30,000. For the purpose of this program, different Budget Groups are created. This limit for resources is for one such budget group.
- Child must have or must have applied for Social Security Number
Annual household income for a family of one should be below $22340, for a household with two members, it should be below $30,260, and it should be below $38180 for a family of three. For a family of four, annual household income should not exceed the maximum limit set at $36,100.