MO HealthNet for Kids program Application Instructions
You will have to follow simple instructions on the page to apply for benefits through MO HealthNet for Kids.
Apply through Mail
You can apply through mail. Download the application using THIS link and print it. Once you have completed the application, you will have to mail it to Family Support Division Office.
Request an Application via Phone
You can apply through phone by dialing 1-888-275-5908 and requesting an application.
Apply in Person
To apply in person, you will need to locate a local Family Support Division Office. Go to the office in person and apply there. The staff in the office will guide you with everything.
MO HealthNet for Families Eligibility
Parents of caretakers are eligible if:
- They are taking care of children under the age of 19 years
- They have applied for social security number
- They are residents of state of Missouri
- They are U.S citizens or qualified aliens
- They are cooperating with Child Support Enforcement if applicable
- hey should have family income below the limit defined by 1996 AFDC income standards. These standards limit the income of a household of two to $234. The limit is set at $292 for a family of three while it is set at $342 for a family of four.
MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women and Newborns Eligibility
Women looking to qualify for MO HealthNet insurance will have to meet the following criteria:
- Verification of pregnancy
- Such women should have applied for Social Security Number
- Resident of state of Missouri
- U.S citizen or qualified alien
- Net family income should not exceed 185% of the federal poverty level
It is important that you know that a pregnant woman will be counted as two people for the purpose of MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women. This is because the program will provide healthcare for newborn in addition to woman, who keeps getting benefits for certain period during postpartum phase.
Income limit for a family of two (woman and newborn |pregnant woman) is set at $2333. For a family of three, income limit is set at $2944, whereas the limit is extended to $3554 for a family of four.